A bit of trivia….
- On the first U.S. flag, why were the stars displayed in a circle?
- What is our national flower?
- What 7 words start the Declaration of Independence?
- Who was the only President to be born on July 4th?
- Whose signature on the Declaration of Independence is the largest?
- Is a T-shirt with a picture of a flag considered a flag?
- What is our national bird?
- Was the 4th of July ever celebrated on the the 5th?
- So no one state would be above another.
- The rose
- “When in the course of human events”
- Calvin Coolidge
- John Hancock’s
- Yes, and therefore when worn-out must be retired in a respectful way.
- The bald eagle
- Yes. In 1779 the 4th of July landed on a Sunday. Consequently the holiday was observed on the 5th.